Sunday, December 20, 2015

Home for the Holidays

I've been back in the U.S. for a week now. Although I'm a bit sad to miss the full impact of the holidays in Hamburg, nothing beats spending time with my family.

I came back early to participate in Wreaths Across America at Arlington National Cemetery, then spent the week with my sister before heading south to stay with my parents in southern Virginia.

I'm looking forward to another week or so of rest and relaxation (and a birthday!) before heading back to Hamburg for more adventures.

Happy Holidays!








Earlier this week Angela and I went to the National Harbor.
We saw ICE!--an incredible ice sculpture extravaganza
that told the story of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."
We were given these blue parkas to wear because the
temperature inside was 9 degrees Fahrenheit
In addition to amazing ice sculpture displays
like these, there were ice slides.
(Yes, we played on the slides).


After the journey through ICE we warmed up back inside with the Gingerbread Man!


A visit to my parents always includes
a breakfast at the Waffle House

It took Angela and me some time
to decorate the family tree.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

No comments :

Post a Comment