Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Final Post: Time to Say Tschüss!

August 2015

A year ago I became a Hamburgerin. It’s been 12 months of ups and downs, learning about myself, and getting to know this wonderful city. 

In fact, I quickly went from thinking of Hamburg as a nice entry into our dream of spending time in Europe, to thinking of it as our European home. 

August 2016
So what’s next? I honestly don’t know, but my plan is to continue navigating the day-to-day here, while writing about what inspires me (which includes a small collection of scary stories set in Hamburg).


For those of you who have hung in there with me this far, thank you! I hope you’ve enjoyed this year as much as I’ve enjoyed sharing it with you. 

I want to leave you with this song I found during one of my random Internet searches on all things Hamburg. (And I heard it played last week during a football game [American style] in a park stadium.)

It's called "In Hamburg sagt man Tschüss." Good luck getting it out of your head! You can find the lyrics here in case you want to sing along. ;)

Tschüss! Bis zum nächsten Mal!



p.s. You can always:
  • Find updates on my writing (including any new blog projects) on the What's New page of my website.
  • Follow random ideas on my Twitter feed (@mpmellon) 
  • See my new photos on Pinterest.
  • Questions? Comments? Plans to visit or move to Hamburg? Drop me a line: michelle AT mpmellon.com






No comments :

Post a Comment